The Graduate Medical Education (GME) Office is involved in most changes you make to your program. Joshua L. Goldstein, MD, Associate Dean for Graduate Medical Education, Vice President for Academic Affairs, is the Designated Institutional Official (DIO) at McGaw and plays a significant role in your program’s increase in complement.
Following is a timeline with the required steps of this action:
Summer / Fall
- Discuss with DIO the best plan for Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) request as well as whether the program should pursue a temporary or permanent complement increase (perhaps both).
- Program submits to DIO the academic and institutional rationale for the requested increase. All requests for the upcoming academic year must be submitted by December 1st or earlier. More Information can be found here.
- Program submits WebADS request for RRC approval of increase request (may need two if asking for temporary followed by permanent).
- The Graduate Medical Education Committee reviews and approves/disapproves each application based on educational rationale.
- Funding partners review funding request.
- Once the request has been approved by the GMEC and funding partners, the program submits a WebADS request for its Residency Review Committee’s (RRC) approval of the temporary and/or permanent complement increase.
- DIO approves the request in WebADS and forwards to the ACGME for review.
- If ACGME complement approval received, the program and GME office will execute the appropriate NRMP quota change.