The following are statements shared by current McGaw residents and fellows who identify as historically underrepresented.
- “Amazing, warm and welcoming group of residents and faculty”
- “Sense of camaraderie among the residents observed on interview day”
- “Faculty are very invested in trainees”
- “The opportunity to train at a top academic medical center”
- “Access to diverse patient populations and world-renowned research facilities”
- “Research opportunities are unparalleled”
- “Work alongside and learn from many of the world’s most renowned physicians”
What to Expect
- “The patient population accurately reflects Chicago”
- “Patients come from from every socioeconomic class, urban, rural and educational level”
- "Encounter different languages and ethnicities"
- “We work with patients all across the spectrum— from wealthy to homeless”
- "We see many patients who are uninsured and under- insured"
- "We care for patients from diverse cultural backgrounds"
How are you involved outside of training?
- “Recruiting underrepresented minority residents and fellows”
- “Clinical Scholars Program”
- “Mentoring programs and/or organizations”
- “Attend Diversity and Inclusion sponsored events and/or lectures”