Northwestern McGaw Underrepresented Residents and Fellows Forum
Established May 24, 2011
Northwestern McGaw Underrepresented Residents and Fellows Forum (NMURFF) is an inter-departmental group for trainees at Northwestern McGaw Center for Graduate Medical Education. The NMURFF leadership consists of residents and/or fellows who carry out programming in four areas: mentoring, networking and career development, outreach, and strategy and collaboration. NMURFF welcomes members of all backgrounds who support our mission. Our work centers on diversity and representation and is focused on (but not limited to) race, ethnicity, gender, and sexual orientation.
- Work strategically and collaboratively to advance diversity for the Northwestern McGaw Center for Graduate Medical Education through outreach and other avenues.
- Provide career development and networking opportunities aimed at addressing underrepresentation across specialties locally and nationally.
- Support each other and current medical students through mentoring and partnership. Work to foster an environment where all trainees can thrive.
NMURFF meets quarterly. The first 15–30 minutes is business followed by a presentation, activity, or speaker.
- Tuesday, September 6, 5:30-7:00PM, Prentice Conference Room M
- Monday, November 21, 5:30-7:00PM, Feinberg Conference Room B
- Tuesday, March 7, 5:30-7:00PM, Location TBA
Stay tuned for upcoming events.
To join NMURFF please email the leadership for additional information.
2022–2023 NMURFF Leadership
- Etoroabasi Ekpe, MD (Obstetrics & Gynecology) - President
- Asantewaa Ture, MD (Internal Medicine) - Vice President
- Maryam Ige, MD (Ophthalmology) - Scretary/Historian
- Nkechinyelum Ogu, MD (Obstetrics & Gynecology) - Mentoring Co-Chair
- John Walton, MD (Family Medicine-NLFH) - Mentoring Co-Chair
- Madonna Enwe, MD (Pediatrics) - Community Outreach & Developement Chair
- Alexander Worix, MD (Internal Medicine) - Social Media Chair
To contact NMURFF, please send e-mail to NMURFF@northwestern.edu.
McGaw Housestaff Association
Housestaff also communicate with the administration on a host of concerns via the McGaw Housestaff Association.
Diversity & Inclusion
Learn about the ways in which McGaw fosters a diverse and inclusive community.